These webinars will provide education on eating disorders, the process of recovery work and how family and friends can offer helpful support with their adult loved one.
*Please note the intention of these webinars is for supporters of those with an eating disorder (including practitioners) and not for clients.
Family, friends and supports of individuals with eating disorders will have an opportunity to engage with a family therapist, occupational therapist, psychiatrist, dietitian, as well as former clients who received treatment from the Provincial Adult Tertiary and Specialized Eating Disorders Program. These webinars are also open to professionals who are seeking more information about eating disorders treatment with adults and their families. The webinar series is offered three times a year and dates and registration are sent out to active clients and the secondary services around the province.
Topics to be covered in the webinar are:
- What is an eating disorder and how do they develop
- How eating disorders are treated with adult clients
- Health (medical/psychiatric) implications
- Nutrition considerations and meal support
- Emotional and psychological connections to eating disorders
- The recovery process
- What family and friends can do to support their loved one’s recovery
Upcoming Family and Friends Webinars
Webinar Dates and Times:
- February 29, 2024 9am -11am: Introduction and Psychiatry Presentation
- March 7, 2024 9am -10:30am: Dietitian Presentation
- March 14, 2024 9am -10:30am: Family Therapist Presentation
- March 21, 2024 9am -10:30am: Former client guest speakers (Will NOT be recorded)
- Webinar ID: 684 3284 7360
- Password: 191346
Register in advance for this Virtual Health Visit: https://phsa.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zMwPDOpXQhWvXrVSe5a9kg
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.